“Safety of equipment used in explosive environments”
TP CU 012/2011 is applied to electrical equipment including ex-components and non electrical equipment used in explosive environments.
Equipment used in explosive environments and its ex-components are necessary to have:
– Protection against explosion mentioned in technical documentation of producer
– Explosive environments marking on equipment and its ex-components
Special marking for explosive environment equipments in the Customs Union.
Producer identifies dimensions of special marking for use in explosive environments. Default height of rectangle should be at least 10 mm.
Marking of the electrical equipment used in explosive environments.
This technical regulation doesnt apply to:
– Medical equipment;
– Equipment using explosive materials or chemically unstable substances;
– Equipment for a domestic use, where is the danger of explosion created by leakage of fuel gas;
– Personal protective tools
– Naval ships, inland and mixed navigation vessels, mobile drilling platforms for work in marine and inland waters, other vessels, equipment and machines used on metioned vessles;
– Public service vehicles used to transport p assanger and cargo by a plane, road transport, rails or water transport;
– Atomové zbraně výzkumná pracoviště organizací komplexu jaderné obrany, kromě jejich ustavující zařízení umístěného v prostředí s nebezpečím výbuchu.
The equipment certification:
– Confirmation of equipment conformity is compulsory and is done in form of certificate.
– Certificate issuance request or declaration can submit producer of the product, his authorized representative or a buyer of the product only.
– In the case of mass produciton the conformity certificate and declaration are issued for 1-5 years.
Certificate validity check
Documents necessary to be attached to the service request:
– Buyer’s requirements for certification (a part of contract or technical specifications of the certification);
– ignition risk evaluation;
– customs codes of supplied equipment;
– technical description of equipment;
– instructions for Use;
– ATEX certificates of individual components and accessories;
– manufacturing tests protocols for each serial number.
“Ignition risk evaluation”: process which determines whether the explosion protection complies with standards or not.
In our company, we do provide documents of conformity according to requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union.
TP CU 012/2011 Safety of equipment used in explosive environments